EcoGene: DNA-based diagnostics
EcoGene is Australasia’s leading provider of DNA-based diagnostic services for biosecurity and biodiversity.
EcoGene provides DNA services and support to New Zealand and international central and local government agencies, universities, zoos and private enterprises.
We can provide statements of evidence about species identity for legal cases. This work is supported by Landcare Research’s extensive Nationally Significant Collections and Databases.
EcoGene is Australasia’s leading provider of DNA-based diagnostic services for biosecurity and biodiversity. From our laboratories in Auckland and Lincoln, New Zealand, we provide a cost effective and fast turnaround service for applications such as:
- Species identification from a range of sample types (tissue, feathers, hairs, scats, saliva);
- Wildlife monitoring; including DNA profiling, mark-recapture analysis, predator detection and diet analysis;
- Genotyping (including rapid marker development), parentage and relatedness;
- Gender analysis in mammals, birds, and some amphibians;
- Disease screening, including Chytrid fungus testing;
- Rodenticide resistance screening;
- Microbial DNA diagnostics including metagenomics from environmental samples;
- Fungal, bacterial, plant, fish, mollusc and NZ terrestrial invertebrate diagnostics.