EcoGene was established in New Zealand in 2008 as the commercial DNA services arm of Landcare Research’s Ecological Genetics Laboratory at Tamaki, Auckland.
Longneck turtle. Image - Anna MacDonald
We have the necessary expertise and technology at our EcoGene laboratories to meet any Australasian customers’ needs.
Our laboratories are PC2 accredited and equipped with a range of the latest technology for high-throughput analyses.
The facilities include:
- Dedicated physically separated pre- and post- PCR areas to reduce sample contamination;
- Two dedicated ABI Genetic Analysers; 3130xL for genotyping and 3500xL for sequencing;
- A Roche GS Junior 454 next generation sequencer;
- Several DNA extraction and liquid handling robots (Qiagen Xtractor Gene, QiAcube, Perkin Elmer Janus automated workstations, QiaAgility);
- Real Time/Quantitative PCR (QIAGEN Rotor-Gene Q, ABI ViiA7 Real Time PCR system);
- Genome sizing by Flow Cytometry;
- Ultra-freezer and liquid nitrogen cryopreservation facilities.
The Applied Biosystems 3100-Avant Genetic Analyzer
The Corbett RG-6000 realtime (quantitative) PCR machine