EcoGene now offers its complete range of DNA diagnostics to anyone in the world!
People outside New Zealand should contact the Operations Manager, Frank Molinia firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance to discuss service and sample labelling requirements. Once your samples are ready for shipment and an Air International Courier or flight details of a person bringing in the shipment on your behalf have been confirmed, follow these four simple steps to ensure smooth transit and receipt of your samples to us:
- Complete the Test Request/Quotation Form and enclose with the consignment.
- For biosecurity reasons, samples will be checked once they reach the New Zealand border. To facilitate rapid clearance through Customs you must attach a copy of the following both inside and outside the consignment:
- A copy of our current MPI permit*
- A letter of authority* that details;
- Your name/business name and address.
- Number and type of samples and packaging**. These should be described in accordance with the permit conditions, and especially ensure the consignment contains no contaminants or genetically modified organisms.
- Date of dispatch, flight number and/or any details from the Airway International Courier that links the samples to the consignment. It is useful to know if the courier service includes transfer of the samples from the airport to our Transitional Facility, or whether we need to arrange a separate courier to pick them up once cleared.
*These are available from the Operations Manager, Frank Molinia email@example.com.
**Note there are strict regulations for exporting samples that contain dangerous or hazardous substances like ethanol. Couriers like Dangerous Goods International specialise in this service, IATA provides information on packaging of dangerous goods. If in doubt discuss whether alternative buffers or packaging can be used for your samples with the New Zealand Operations Manager, Frank Molinia firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email sample details in EcoGene format to our Laboratory Director, Robyn Howitt email@example.com.
- Send samples to our delivery address below:
Attention: Dr Robyn Howitt
231 Morrin Road, St Johns